If you’d like to load one of the digital editions onto your device, try these steps:
Epub to an iPhone or iPad
The epub file can be read in a number of ebook devices, including iBooks on the Mac.
To get the epub to your phone from the email I sent you:
1. Open your email program on your device, find the email with the Zen Habits epub.
2. Tap the attachment icon to download it to your device.
3. Tap and hold on the file and an “Open in iBooks” will pop up. Tap that, and your iPad or iPhone will open iBooks and then open the epub file you just sent.
If the epub is downloaded to your Mac or PC, follow these steps to sync to your iOS device via iTunes:
1. Add them to your iTunes library — choose File > Add to Library, or drag the EPUB or PDF file to the Books library on your computer. If you’re using OS X Mavericks or later, you can add them to your library in iBooks.
2. Sync your device with iTunes.
Mobi file to the Kindle
First, you can open the mobi file on the Kindle app for your computer (Kindle for Mac, for example).
But if you’d like to add it to your Kindle device, do this:
1. Connect your Kindle to your computer via the USB cord.
2. The Kindle device should appear on your computer as a device, just like a normal USB drive would show up in the list of connected devices.
3. Open this USB drive, and find the documents folder.
4. Drag the mobi file for my book to this folder. Eject the disk and disconnect the USB, and you should have it on your device.
Here’s a video of the process from Amazon.